July 06, 2012

Mix and Match


Here's a card by Sandy made from mixing and matching scraps from past kits.



I start by cutting triangles and semi-circles for my banners from geometric-patterned paper. The grid  pocket allows me to arrange them neatly. Then I added more red elements in the form of the foral paper, sentiment label and the fussy-cut number twos. For contrast I placed a woodgrain tag into the pocket which goes to show a relatively 'dull' colour can be used effectively as an accent. Everything sits neatly on cyan cardstock with a metal clip and some baker's twine thrown in for texture.


So Cal : MME Miss Caroline Like Twine, MME Follow Your Heart Be the Best,
Leica : Bazzill Wayfarer Traveler
City of Lights : American Crafts Surf Cardstock,
Daydream Believer : Sassafras Exclusive Woodgrain Paper
Stepping Stone : Crate Paper Paper Heart Romance,
Others : American Crafts Chaps Tag, Bazzill Wayfarer (Drifter, Gadabout), paper clip

No comments: