December 21, 2012

December Kit by Margrethe Aas Johnsen

Hello! I hope you've had a good December so far! Today I want to share two projects using Studio Calico's Decemeber kit and add-ons.

For the first layout, I used the Main Kit (34th Street) only. I wanted to make a layout using just the main kit as I'm sure not everyone buys add-ons. The main kit is very versatile and you won't have any problems if this kit is all you've got this month.

For this layout I used the gray cardstock as a base and one of Studio Calico's exclusive patterned papers. I really dug into the exclusive Basic Grey alphas, making a big, bold title and then added the journaling spot. I loved the Pebbles Label stickers and loved adding them to the speech bubbles. I see endeless possibilities here!


For my next project I used my Silhouette electronic die-cutter. I needed to make a Christmas card/gift tag and didn't want to make a regular card nor use a posta tag as I've done previous years. I found this great cut-file from Patty Young and cut the mitten using a holiday paper from October Afternoon (found in the Kriss Kringle add-on).


 I cut another mitten using kraft cardstock as I needed a non-patterned background for the star shape on the mitten. I used my Silhouette once more to cut out the "god jul"-sentiment in gold glitter paper (found in main kit).


Thanks for visiting today! See you all soon :)







1 comment: