April 22, 2011

Easy Tips and Tricks

My favorite thing to bring to crops with friends are kits. That way I don't have to bring so much stuff and still know that I will have plenty to work with during the day. I'd like to show you now how I add detail to my kit layouts without having to bring so much stuff and without having to spend so much time on detail work.


I usually mist my base paper and add random stamped images here and there. This immediately creates a nice background for your layout.

Then I use dabbers to paint on my chipboard pieces and then add distress stickles or glitter stickles for more texture...


I like to add buttons but I don't like stitching. So I tie a knot using twine and just stick it on top of the button. Fast!



Another alternative to dress up buttons is to use dimensional paint. I apply a little on the button holes and consider it done!



Try it! Go to a crop with just your kit and your basic supplies plus a few punchers and stamps and you will be surprised at how much you can create with so little baggage!:)

Thanks for your visit!

Iris Uy

1 comment:

Amelia Khalik said...

Thanks for the tip iris. Love how u stamp randomly on ur page! Beautiful like always...:)