January 01, 2013

layouts by kailun

Hi everyone and Happy New Year.

I've been really busy but want to share some of the layouts that I made with the December 34th Street Studio Calico Kit.

What attracted me when I opened the kit was the vellum arrows and I knew the minute I saw them that I wanted to incorporate them into my layout. With that in mind, I decided to base my layout on the strong red and yellow hues in the kit.


I also used the frames to frame one of the images. The yellow KI memories smile tape is definitely a keeper and using it really made me smile. Most of the strips of patterned paper were from the bottoms of the papers that came with the kit. Love it when manufacturers make them this way in a simple but attractive pattern so that they serve dual purposes.

Here's the other layout that I whipped up:


I knew that I wanted to use the many brads in different shades and shapes. I decided then to use twine to draw lines to add some visual interest. I also loved the muted patterns that can be used as the background (:

Hope that you have a great new year and that these layouts have brought you some inspiration.