April 11, 2012

Play School by Sandy


Hi it's Sandy posting my school-theme layout today.  I received the main kit City of Lights and the Sorbonne add-on this month. Inspired by the Kesi' Art papers in the add-on, I made this.



To get both the pie-chart (a-side) and the dusty chalkboard background (b-side) from the CE2 paper took some careful planning plus a little piecing effort. All other elements like the alphas, washi tape, brads, twine were chosen to complement the colours in that pie-chart.



I had fun with the plastic smash pockets, taking apart the one with a blue frame to create a faux teal pocket. In the close-up you can see how I inked over the alphas to get a chalky white which stood out better against the black background.



Stationery supplies are inspiring me right now. I'm thinking file folders and tabs for my next layout using the City of Lights kit . . .


City of Lights Supplies : Crate Paper Pretty Party (Papercloth, Epoxy Brads), Freckled Lawn Aqua Airmail Washi Tape, Jenni Bowlin Stencil, American Craft Cardstock
Sorbonne Supplies : Kesi' Art (Moulin du Comte CE2 & 6eme, Saint Domingue Itinerance, ), K&Company (Plastic Smash  Pockets, Divider Smash Tabs), Oyster Twine, Prima Alphabet Stickers
Others : paper clip, Versa colour white ink

2 comments:

Wishful Thinking said...

Awesome LO Sandy - love the pie chart! I can imagine it took careful planning to create!
I got my kits yesterday afternoon and haven't had a chance to start playing yet :-)

Bellaidea said...

Very cool page!