June 03, 2012

Vacation by Sandy

Time flies doesn't it? June is here and for Singaporean school children it's vacation time. I pulled together hot orange and sunny yellow elements from So Cal and scrapped a photo of my nephew taken on the last day of school.



Originally the background in the photo is bluish-green. I eliminated this distracting problem by printing the photo in black-and-white, which produced a bonus of turning the background grey to tie-in with the ash cardstock.



I did use a couple of extra items on this layout. Two small Sunny Skip calender rectangles from  February's Lady Lane kit and a month label from my stash.



It seemed appropriate that I pick up some knotting know-how, as there are more than 45 yards of twine in my kits. On this tag are two half-hitches which formed a secure binding.

cheers, Sandy


So Cal Kit : Bazzill Kraft Cardstock, American Crafts Ash Cashstock, MME On The Bright Side Branches, Studio Calico (Chevron, Alphabet, Exclusive Die Cuts, Packing Label), Butterfly Sequins 
Santa Monica Kit : Jillibean Soup Etched Flowers Buttons, Studio Calico Medallion Stamp, MME Miss Caroline "Lucky" Twine
Lady Lane Kit : Dear Lizzy Sunny Skip
Others : Chloe's Closet Blings Carnival Tab

No comments: